I also added cinnamon. Took one loaf to a meeting and it disappeared before it was even cooled. If I’d taken the other it would have gone right away too! I exaggerated a bit and called it a health food because of the sweet potatoes. But of course who can resist melted chocolate? Would definitely make this again, it was great. My conclusion is that it is easy to cook something delicious if not worried about the cost or calories or health level of the ingredients.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin (or Sweet Potato) Bread
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 2/3 cups granulated sugar Brown or Confectioners Sugar (I used brown)
- 4 large eggs (I added an extra) 15-ounce can pumpkin or substitute with sweet potatoes, drained and mashed (I used a can of mashed sweet potatoes)
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 24 oz. bag chocolate chips
- Grease two 9×5″ loaf pans.
- Blend together first five ingredients in mixer until thoroughly blended.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to wet ingredients.
- Add vanilla and chocolate chip and mix until combined.
- Pour into two greased pans, bake at 350 for 55-65 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire rack and serve. Yummmmm!